Forecasting and Supply Chain Planning Thought Leaders
The following organizations offer resources that will help you define and build your sales forecasting, demand planning, and supply chain planning processes.
- International Institute of Forecasters - The objectives of the International Institute of Forecasters are to stimulate the generation, distribution, and use of knowledge on sales forecasting.
- Institute of Business Forecasting - The best source of information for business forecasting, planning, and demand / supply chain management. This is accomplished by sharing real world expertise with major businesses in terms of methodologies, technology, strategic planning, and much more.
- APICS - The Educational Society for Resource Management is a not-for-profit international educational organization founded in 1957 as the American Production and Inventory Control Society. APICS is respected throughout the world for its education and professional certification programs.
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals - Founded in 1963, CSCMP is the preeminent association for individuals involved in logistics and supply chain management. CSCMP provides educational, career development, and networking opportunities to its over 10,000 members and to the entire profession.
- Institute of Supply Management - Founded in 1915, the Institute for Supply Management™ (ISM) is the largest supply management association in the world as well as one of the most respected. ISM’s mission is to lead the supply management profession through its standards of excellence, research, promotional activities, and education.
- Wharton School for Forecasting Principles - The Forecasting Principles site seeks to summarize all useful knowledge about forecasting so that it can be used by researchers, practitioners, and educators. This knowledge is provided as principles (guidelines, prescription, rules, conditions, action statements, or advice about what to do in given situations).